Under general supervision, performs a wide range of tasks for the production department. Effectively leads a manufacturing group/area to produce consistent results. Ensures group/area operation processes produce high quality.
- The lead shall ensure that all employees in the assigned work area are knowledgeable of and perform their job in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Provides tools, materials and documentation to accomplish daily tasks efficiently
- Motivates and encourages positive morale and teamwork. Leads by example.
- Ensures that a clean and safe work environment is maintained at all times
- Makes sure that personnel are adequately trained and, when appropriate, assists in training people working in the area or seeks outside training assistance
- Audits and verifies that work is performed in accordance with all documentation. When conflicts occur between company objectives for quality, delivery, and labor standards, and the documentation the lead is responsible for resolving these issues with the appropriate engineering personnel and/or supervisors and managers
- Schedules work to go through the area efficiently; In the event of a backlog, prioritizes work with supervisor
- Schedules the material to be pulled from the POU stock locations to work the cell
- Coordinates requirements with the material handler to achieve on-time material to work the cell
- Monitors, corrects and maintains timecards and works with payroll to resolve timecard issues in a timely manner
- Reports daily performance for the work area on all assigned work
- Take necessary corrective actions to assure stated goals are met or exceeded
- Works with the supervisor and planner to ensure adequate staff is available to perform work in accordance with customer commitments
- Provides assigned workforce with job performance goals and objectives and with periodic and appropriate feedback on progression towards those goals and objectives. Assists the General Supervisor in personnel performance evaluations for personnel assigned to the work area.
- Identifies and addresses conflict or performance issues within the workgroup. Elevates to Supervisor/Manager when necessary to document performance issues.
- Ensures that required calibration and maintenance is performed on all equipment utilized within the work area
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to five years’ related experience and/or technical training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in SMT strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate with other teams or departments and participate in cross-functional teams, as needed
- Ability to create a team environment among subordinates
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) Electro Static Discharge (ESD) requirements
- Ability to read and interpret documentation bill of materials and drawings
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to use good judgment and have good problem solving skills
How To Apply For An Open Position At ATS
You will be applying via email using the link below. But first, make sure that your email contains the following:
- Attach a cover letter referencing the open position you seek and why you are qualified for it.
- Attach your resume or (cover letter and resume must be in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat format.)
Send your application email to email@example.com.