Prototypes & NPI
Perfecting your prototype before production is the best way to guarantee that manufacturing stays on schedule, costs are kept within budget, and overall quality is maintained. The path to perfection can involve costly production delays that frustrate even the best designers. That’s why it pays to enlist outside engineering expertise as early in the development cycle as possible.
ATS has over 25 years of progressive experience in Rapid Prototyping and New Product Introduction (NPI). Integrated with our Value Engineering & Design Services, we have transformed design concepts into working functional prototypes and have been a key participant in successful NPI process development and execution for many customers across all industry segments. Providing technical support throughout all aspects of the NPI process including design, (DFM) analysis, (DFT) analysis, supply chain, and configuration management support. ATS concludes the process and safe launch to manufacturing by providing lessons learned and complete build reports.
ATS creates time and resource efficiencies during prototype and NPI processes through:
- Rapid Prototyping applications – 3 to 5 days Turnkey or Consigned
- PCB design and layout
- Manufacturability analysis to improve first run quality
- Pad geometry and part placement optimization
- Machine compatibility review
- ICT coverage analysis
- Bill of Material (BOM) review
- Component availability assurance
- Cost driver analysis to maximize savings
- Test equipment and procedure development
- Flying probe, ICT, Functional test, thermal cycling, X-RAY, AOI
- Component engineering services
- Alternate parts selection
- Part obsolescence management
Together these services result in faster time to market with fewer prototypes.